Embody 90s icon, Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, by bringing this classic pattern to your nails. Developed for over a year by the Gelcare Artists, this trio harmoniously recreates the texture and depth of tortoise shell. Check out our YouTube tutorial with step-by-step instructions on how to achieve this look.
- Use Jelly Brown to form abstract spots camouflaging the free edge as much as possible and defining the outline of the nail.
- Apply an even coat of Argan Oil all over the nail.
- Paint over the Jelly Brown stains with the Amber ink, exceeding around the stains to create a diffused effect. Also, dab your Amber ink brush where there is Argan Oil application (but no spots) to create more texture.
- Apply a second coat of Argan Oil all over the nail to accentuate the depth of the design.
- Create a few new Jelly Brown spots, some on top of the initial ones in order to darken them further. Concentrate the spots around the edges of the nails to define the shape.
- Apply a layer of top coat sufficient to level the texture created over the previous steps.
Ethanol, PM Glycol Ether, Isopropyl Alcohol, EP Glycol Ether, N-Propanol, Modified Rosin
We’re Gelcare, a nail care brand, and it’s time to become your own nail artist. Our mission is to elevate the at-home experiences, focusing on providing beauty lovers with a refined approach to nail care.
Gelcare is stocked exclusively at Gelcare’s flagship salon and store, Le Manoir. Founded in 2012 and based in Montreal, Le Manoir is recognized as one of the top nail salons in Canada. It is our founder’s signature manicure techniques and unparallelled standard of service, that have established her and her team as best in class. Le Manoir artists are renowned for their impeccable artistry and unprecedented ability to grow and strengthen their customers’ natural nails. Through Gelcare, our goal is to pass along this expertise to you.